Our natural environment needs your eyes and ears!
Little is known about the impact of climate change on Australia's plants and animals. The Macquarie University, Sydney NSW is an ideal environment for recording information on species to help bridge the information gap, but we need your help!
Why get involved?
- Learn how climate change is affecting our wildlife.
- Become an observer and help monitor the biodiversity at Macquarie University, Sydney NSW.
- Use a ClimateWatch field guide and recording sheet for Macquarie University to spot species that are indicators of climate change and record your observations. You can also use the ClimateWatch mobile app from anywhere in Australia.
- Be immersed in nature and contribute to science!
How to get involved
- Download a recording sheet and species guide from this page to help mark your observations. Remember to enter all your observations into theClimateWatch website when you get back to a computer.
- Once familiar with the ClimateWatch species you are monitoring, you may wish to use the mobile app to record your Macquarie ClimateWatch Trail sightings.
- The trail can be explored for short or long walks, it's up to you. Make sure you wear comfortable walking shoes, a hat and sunscreen, and have some water with you.